100% Safe & Secure Shopping
Item Ref: SOLG067
Categories: Magnesium Supplements, Indigestion & Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Osteoporosis, Headaches and Migraines, Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Muscle Cramp and Strain, Hearing Loss, Sleep Issues & Insomnia, Anxiety and Panic
The 300 plus vital biochemical reactions magnesium takes part in are needed by all body systems, so it's essential for overall good health and is one mineral you definitely don't want to be short of.
And yet over half of all men and three-quarters of all women fail to get enough from our food supply to meet the recommended daily amounts, making magnesium one of our most deficient nutrients. A shortfall in magnesium means our bodies won't function optimally and over time our health may be compromised.
Solgar Magnesium is great for...
People choose to supplement with magnesium citrate not just as insurance against a shortfall but for many specific reasons:
- Magnesium helps to maintain normal heart rhythm, regulate blood pressure and relax blood vessels so blood can flow more freely.
- Magnesium signals muscles to relax, preventing spasms, twitches and restless legs.
- This mineral is also needed in energy production to help reduce exhaustion and fatigue.
- More people are coming to realise how important this mineral is for the skeleton too. It is arguably as important as calcium in building and maintaining bones and teeth and preventing fractures.
- It's also crucial for the nervous system. Known as the 'anti-stress' mineral, it helps to relax the nerves, easing anxiety, depression and stress and promote better sleep.
- It also has an important role in helping to balance blood sugar, as insulin function depends on magnesium.
Take 2 tablets each day, preferably with your meal
Q: Can I take too much Solgar magnesium citrate?
A: These are high potency, highly absorbable tablets so there is no need to take more than the suggested dose. Taking too much can cause loose stools, which is why many people take magnesium to overcome constipation.
Q: Would this supplement help with migraine headaches?
A: Magnesium helps to relax the nervous system. Sufferers have reported reduced frequency of migraines over time from taking magnesium supplements.
Q: My memory is not as good as it was and I'm concerned about Alzheimer's. Do you suggest I take magnesium?
A: Although magnesium plays important roles in brain function and some animal studies suggest it may be helpful, there is no real evidence in adult humans and we don't suggest you take this supplement solely for that purpose.
Two Tablets provides 400mg of Magnesium Citrate (which is 107% of your recommended daily allowance)
The tablets also contain:
Bulking Agents: microcrystalline cellulose and dicalcium phosphate
Anti-caking Agents: vegetable magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide,
Glazing Agent: hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose
Colour: titanium dioxide
People who have severe Kidney disease, or have a low heart rate or are on any blood thinners must consult their doctor before taking this product
If adverse reactions occur, discontinue use and consult a doctor. Seek professional advice before using if you are pregnant, breast-feeding, under medical supervision or suffer from food allergies or intolerances to any of the ingredients or contents.
Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Always read product directions before use and do not exceed the recommended intake. Details on this site are correct at time of preparation and are for reference purposes only. This product is not a substitute for medication or medical advice (given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other health-care professional), nor intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
There are no customer reviews yet.